Shauna Coxsey climbs New Base Line
Watch Shauna Coxsey climb New Base Line, Magic Wood, Switzerland and become one of only three women to have reached the very top of female bouldering: 8B+.
Shauna filmed this on her iPhone stuck in a tree, she explained: "I've been reluctant to share the video of my ascent of New Base Line due to the quality of the footage. I went to Magic Wood for a holiday. No film crew, no photographers, just myself and Ned. I wanted to film my ascent of the boulder to send to my coach so we balanced my phone in a tree as I was too scared to attempt the boulder without a spot. Due to the bad weather there was no opportunity to film the climb at a later date. This is my most significant ascent, and I have decided that I want to share my experience. I know this video doesn't show the whole climb but I hope you can appreciate my effort. I have watched this video countless times and I think it's pretty funny..."
So do we, nice work Shauna.
- Shauna Coxsey climbs New Base Line
- IFSC European Youth Championships 2014
- Paraclimber Dave Bowes Bouldering at Cra
- BMC AGM and annual gathering 2014, Portl
- Rucksack Club Meet: Gogarth 2014
- Zamberlan 85th Anniversary
- Mark McGowan: Reach Climbing Coach
- Gower Climbing Festival 2014
- James McHaffie: BMC ambassador
- Training Novice Club Members Workshop 20
- Tremadog gets a spring clean: BMC Tremfe
- Malcolm Smith: Climbing Legend Teaser
- Shauna Coxsey takes silver in Toronto
- Life of a Mountain: Alan Hinkes on Broad
- El Cap Exposure
- Into The Light